ESPN has reconsidered its decision to ban New York Post sports writers from its airwaves after the newspaper printed images from a videotape showing ESPN reporter Erin Andrews nude in a hotel room.
The network issued the ban last week after the Post published images from the videotape on its front cover.
The Post was one of several newspapers and TV networks that published or aired images from the video, which Andrews' attorney says was shot without her knowledge. Andrews plans to seek criminal charges and file civil lawsuits against the person who shot the video and anyone who publishes the material, attorney Marshall Grossman said.
On Friday, ESPN spokesman Chris LaPlaca said the network believes the writers had nothing to do with how Andrews was treated and nothing would be gained by keeping them off the air.
"We just felt strongly that in this unique circumstance, we were compelled to make our point known in the strongest possible manner," ESPN said in a statement. "As a result, we believe our perspective is widely understood and nothing is furthered by continuing down our recent path."