Then and Now: Temple Terrace Elementary 1959, 2013
Published: April 2, 2013   |
Updated: April 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM
A 1959 Burgert Brothers’ photograph of Temple Terrace Elementary School looks a lot different than the current school building. But the original structure built in 1955 on 20 acres at 124 Flotto Ave. remains intact, making it the city’s oldest existing public school. The original one-story building is fronted by several newer structures built over the years to serve the growing student population. The school, which serves students in prekindergarten to fifth grade, is located northeast of the intersection of North 56th Street and Bullard Parkway behind Temple Terrace Fire Station No. 1 and the Temple Terrace Public Library.