Ira Kaufman’s Ballot
Rk. Team Comment
1. Seattle Monday night’s matchup against Saints is so tasty, it doesn’t need extra hype.
2. New Orleans Many QBs are psyched out playing in noisy Seattle. Drew Brees isn’t on that list.
3. Carolina The streaking Panthers had better not overlook the surging Bucs on Sunday.
4. Denver Injuries are starting to erode Denver’s confidence on defense.
5. Kansas City KC’s fading pass rush needs to move Peyton Manning off his sweet spot.
6. New England Former Buc Aqib Talib is playing the best football of his six-year career.
7. San Francisco Finally, a return to form as the 49ers head into the NFC wild-card stretch.
8. Cincinnati A two-game lead with five weeks left has the Bengals in good shape.
9. Indianapolis Serious issues suddenly abound in the heartland, especially on defense.
10. Arizona Bruce Arians has emerged as a strong Coach of the Year candidate.
11. Dallas After a forgettable month, Dez Bryant came up big in crunch time.
12. Philadelphia Nick Foles, who still hasn’t been picked off, is on an incredible run.
13. Detroit You can trace the tracks of their tears in Motown after Sunday’s fiasco.
14. Chicago If any struggling defense can use another bye week, it’s this weary crew.
15. Green Bay Thanks to a weak division, the floundering Packers are still very much alive.
16. Baltimore The hitting will be fierce Thursday night vs. Pittsburgh.
17. St. Louis The scouting reports had it right: this kid Tavon Austin is a blur.
18. New York Giants Needed one more stop against Dallas ... and couldn’t get it.
19. Pittsburgh With Mike Wallace gone, WR Antonio Brown has been sensational.
20. Miami Speaking of Wallace, he finally showed up on South Beach.
21. San Diego There are few QBs more gritty and competitive than Philip Rivers.
22. Tennessee An upset at Indy could make things interesting in the AFC South.
23. New York Jets Rex Ryan is sticking with erratic rookie QB Geno Smith.
24. Tampa Bay A surprise win at Charlotte could ensure Schiano’s return in 2014.
25. Cleveland Same old story ... lots of good defense being wasted by the Browns.
26. Oakland Better QB play would turn this forlorn franchise around in a hurry.
27. Buffalo Twelve TD passes in 11 games simply won’t get the job done.
28. Washington Mike Shanahan and Robert Griffin III appear headed for Splitsville.
29. Jacksonville Rookie coach Gus Bradley is starting to make some inroads.
30. Minnesota The one thing that never changes? Adrian Peterson’s intensity.
31. Atlanta Falcons fans already envisioning Jadeveon Clowney as a Dirty Bird.
32. Houston This season of despair can’t end soon enough for Andre Johnson.